29 April, 2012

Rythmic Gymnastics World Cup Pesaro 2012

Whenever I go to watch rhythmic gymnastics, it's a sort of wonderland for me. In Pesaro, of course it was not an exception.

First of all, unfortunately 3 of 4 days were raining. And as I written previously it was so inaccessible from the hotel to the venue for travellers.
At this time, main competitions started always from the afternoon. For gymnasts and fans the schedule is grateful. Because it brings us easy schedules.

Day1, the day I arrived at Pesaro. My flight was delayed and I missed a train therefore I was late for arriving at the venue. And I missed all the performances of Liubov Charkashyna, who is my favorite gymnast at the day. I was slightly disappointed but, there were sparse people at the spectator's seats and comfortable to watch the competitions.

However, when we finished watching all the competitions, buses had already finished. The spectator can not get home by buses. What a inconvenience! I was thinking going back to my hotel by taxi and then got to taxi queue. There were some people waiting taxis. I spoke to two French girls to negotiate with them so that I could get on a taxi together. Their answer was OK and I was relieved. It was yes, raining.

Day2, I was in time so was able to watch all the programme. But, I dropped off my camera from a spectator's seat about 40cm high. Apparently, it still works and can take images but zoom ring got sticky, which means perhaps it damaged optically as well. And one strange thing to me was the order of programme for the day. It was

a. Individuals competition part one
b. Groups competition
c. Individuals competition part two

Why Individuals are divided into two pats?

Anyway, it was Saturday but not very crowded. I'm not sure because of this, after the competition there were not many people around gymnast's seats. And I got close to there to find a group chatting with a gymnast. Soon after I noticed that the gymnast was Liubov Charkashyna!! I missed her last time at Montpellier and wanted to talk with her.

She and the delegation  of the group were talking in English not Italy and seemingly their communication were going well. I admired her. Since not only her speciality she can speak English, amazing. I was listening to the discourse and some time nodded and laughed away together. Meanwhile, I met a girl who I came across at Montpellier! That was a kind of miracle. We were surprised at each other.

And finally I talked with her. Liubov completely remembers me. I explained the reason I was in Montpellier and not in Tokyo on last September and October. I asked some questions her but I can't remember what we talked about in detail. She tried to say something but she was struggling to say in English and looked regrettable. It was quite short time and she might have been tired after her performance, therefore our chat was obviously inadequate. Whereas, I got her autograph on my Belarusian flag and had picture taken with her.

After that, transportation problem again. But fortunately the group talked with Liubov before me were still in the venue and they spoke to me and saying "are you alone?" In fact, they came to the venue by their own mini bus and they said to me that "OK, come on". It was bliss for me. They sent me to my hotel. I was able to experience Italian people's generosity and that's because I prefer traveling on my own to group. Peroni which I drunk at night was superb. I let them know my name and email address however, I haven't got anything so far though.

Day3, despite I looked at the schedule before going out, I was late. In fact I should have been on time but I ate lunch at a large supermarket nearby the venue. As a result, I missed a part of individuals competitions which included Liubov's performance, perhaps her ball routine. Eventually, I missed her ball and hoop routine on Day1 which were qualification, and again missed her ball (and she failed hoop routine) finals, namely I could not watch her ball and hoop routines definitely. What a shame as a fan.
On the other hand, in the group competition we watched a perfection. Team Italia got a medal of 3 hoops and 2 ribbons routine. They had no mistakes at all. It was literally brilliant. Spectators including me were incredibly excited and shouted "Italia, Italia, Italia, Italia, Italia!!!" I listened to people singing the national anthem with loud voice proudly for the first time. Incidentally, it was the only sunny day during my trip.

After the competition, I got the final bus. Having been feeling so good, I dropped by a pizzeria to have a dinner. As it was a pizzeria, I should have ordered a pizza but I chose a pasta tomato and basilico with a glass of wine. The pasta was absolutely delicious. One of bests ever. Something was different. Not easy to find out it.

The hotel staff was nice to me as well. His name is Alberto presumably 50's from Argentina. He can't speak English hardly so it was difficult to communicate with but, he seemed to be quite talkative and fun with me.

That's all about my travel in Pesaro. I'd really like to go to Italia again.

No comments:

Post a Comment